OUR FOUNDER

This site is dedicated to the most humane work of Ms Louise Lynip who founded the children's home and until the 4th July 2006 at the age of 94 continued to participate in it's management. The home cares for orphaned and abandoned children and offers love, security and
an opportunity to be brought up in a christian environment.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Story 2

Jim: thank you for your response to my message. It has been quite enlightening to find people who are/were touched by Bethany in one way shape or form.

My name is Carol Hakala - I am a social worker with Lutheran Social Services of WI and Upper MI , USA. I have been visiting an working in child welfare services for my entire career (now about 32 years). Since the mid 80s I have been working specifically in international adoption for LSS. I made my first trip to the Philippines in 1993 and have returned nearly every year since then. I first met Ms. Lynip in about 1995 and visited Bethany in 2001. I have corresponded with her over many of the years that I have known her, and I have also spent time with Greg and Rose. Ms. Lynip's life is particularly inspirational to me - she emulates mission, vision and faith on behalf of children. (When I grow up I hope that I can become more like her :) LSS has placed children from Bethany in adoptive families here in Wisconsin and each of our families have had the honor and pleasure of meeting Ms. Lynip or Greg or Rose.

And so you have a bit about me and my interest in Bethany. Feel free to post it if you would like, and again thanks for responding to my post.

Carol Hakala
Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI
Adoption Coordinator

No comments: